The Benefits of Glycerin for Healthier Looking Skin
Glycerin has many benefits to give you healthier looking skin.
- Used on all skin types including oily skin.
- Treats oily skin conditions, like acne, skin infections, wrinkles and fine lines.
- Attracts moisture to skin.
- Acts an emollient, making skin moist, soft and supple.
When glycerin in used lotions or other skin care products, it helps prevent or combat dry skin. If you have dry facial skin, research organic or vegetable glycerin which may be topically applied to help cure dryness. Some people also mix glycerin with natural rosewater to make a glycerin toner spray to refresh dry skin.
- Glycerin is a very effective moisturizer on skin. It absorbs water from air reducing dry and dull patches on your skin. Your skin gets soft, supple and hydrated immediately on application. It adds hydration and health to your skin.
- As your skin ages, it looks dull and becomes susceptible to irritation, redness and many other conditions, such as dry skin due to losing its ability to keep moisture. With aging, your skin also gets rough – but using glycerin regularly can make your skin smooth by filling in tiny cracks and prevent other problems associated with dryness.
Maintains Water Balance
- Humectants in glycerin attract water from air and keep water in your skin. Glycerin minimizes water loss due to evaporation and maintains skin’s water balance on an intercellular level– so keeps skin well hydrated and nourished.
- Because of its skin nourishing properties, glycerin can be used every day. Its regular use will help keep your skin healthy, soft and fresh. It is especially great to use in the winter time to help combat winter chill.
Enhances Skin Appearance
- Glycerin acts as an emollient that keeps your skin not only moist, but soft and supple to touch. It makes your skin look healthier and attractive. Its therapeutic effects on wounds and other skin issues also lead your skin to look healthier and smoother.
- Glycerin can help cells grow thus helping skin heal. Glycerin also acts as a natural medication for fungal infections like eczema and psoriasis. It reduces bruising and repairs infected tissue and cells more quickly.
- Glycerin increases epidermal layer thickness and improves barrier function. It locks moisture in helping to keep harmful chemicals and environmental elements out of your skin.
Get a more attractive, natural-looking appearance by adding glycerin into your skin routine.
- By : Makari de Suisse
- Category : Beauty Tips, Skin Lightening
- Tags: Glycerin, heal, healthy skin, Makari, moisture, nourish, protects, smooth